Twose’s innovative new all-in-one subsoiler and aerator machines will be unveiled at LAMMA 2015.
Designed to boost soil quality and help farmers fight compaction, the new SSA range combines the two operations in a single-pass - heaving, aerating and rolling the soil before slitting it to aid water percolation and promote capillary action.
Available in a choice of 2.5m and 3.0m working widths, the new machines potentially halve the time required to treat pasture and deliver major savings in labour and fuel costs.
Key features of the new machines include:
• Three-point linkage mounting
• Hydraulic auto-reset leg protection available
• Choice of two, three and five leg configurations
• Plain and packer roller options
• Easily adjustable working depths for both subsoiling and aeration
• Manual and hydraulically adjustable roller options
• 230mm hard-wearing boron steel slitting blades
• Replaceable hardened boron steel shins, legs and feet
• Pivoting leading discs for minimal surface disruption
• Precision-engineered in the UK to the ISO 9001 quality benchmark
Twose director of sales and marketing Tim Coleridge said the SSA machines would offer a major labour and cost saving advantage for farmers and contractors and prove a significant weapon in easing compaction and enhancing pasture growth.
He said: “The double action of subsoiling and aeration will enhance the condition of grass roots and improve the ingression of water and air, promoting strong earlier growth of grass.
“Combining the two roles into a single-pass operation will save farmers and contractors time and money and help them increase efficiency and the quality of their pasture.”
The machines will be on display for the first time at Twose’s G56 Stand at LAMMA 2015 and are available for sale now.
The SSA machines are compatible with tractors of 80 hp and above (two leg model).